chuds.life
This is a male-only forum created to discuss politically incorrect content and archive information deleted from the mainstream internet. You can post with or without an account. Please read our rules before posting.

Most videogames suck now

frightfulcel

Frightful but also quite delightful
I remember when I would buy a game and have fun playing it. Everything was straight forward and simple. Now when you buy a game especially on console you have to install it for a long time before going to its laggy menu then you are presented with a terrible campaign that isn't worth playing. Multiplayer is just boring maps where you shoot constantly. There's 0 thought in any of it, its completely mindless. Back in the day I would get star wars battlefront (the original one) and jump right into it. Games now days are trying to focus too much on multiplayer which has always been a side mode in games and are completely removing the immersion such as sound effects, world building, game play. Modern games don't even look better they just have a higher resolution with less in them.

I believe the reason to this is because "normies" are content with playing terrible games. Halo infinite is completely trash. Exclusives are pointless now because a lot of them are coming to PC like Ratchet and Clank along with them being trash anyway.

Haven't played multiplayer focused games for years now. Came across the souls games like in early 2020, when played the hell out of them. Now I'm stuck again searching for some good vidya to get my next dopamin shoot. Never played Ratchet & Clank prefferd Crash Bandicoot 4 which I think is the best modern platformer currently available on the market.
Dark souls was an actual game with a challenge and unique atmosphere. Games these days don't have that feel or challenge. There's 0 stakes in these games. Dark souls today made by the average developer would involve crafting materials and a co-op mode with really over saturated graphics or something.

I haven't been playing up to date games for years now because my PC sucks. I haven't even played Witcher 3.
But at least I get to enjoy all the oldie goldies that came before 2012 or so. When I look at modern games they look boring and raw to me. Sadly, I can't even play most of the old games as well, it just gets boring pretty quickly. Maybe I've overplayed them, I don't know.

@batzlaff maybe you should try Blade of Darkness if you haven't yet. It's a souls like game that was here before the dark souls itself. I remember I sucked at it while playing this is my childhood but I few months ago I spent 70+ hours playing it, this shit is GOOD! It's one of my favourite games now.

Notice how at least until PS3 era we would have news of lots of interesting games with fresh ideas dropping every year. This is no longer possible because vidya companies prefer to spend 5 years doing a shitty unoriginal game as long as it has good graphics.

In fact, the high investment they are doing to make them good looking forces them to not be risky in the gameplay so that they make sure the game will sell. That's why all games look the same nowadays (shooter, open-world, etc), and why we get 5 remakes for the same series instead of a new one. Risking it is just not profitable anymore.

I haven't been playing up to date games for years now because my PC sucks. I haven't even played Witcher 3.
But at least I get to enjoy all the oldie goldies that came before 2012 or so. When I look at modern games they look boring and raw to me. Sadly, I can't even play most of the old games as well, it just gets boring pretty quickly. Maybe I've overplayed them, I don't know.

@batzlaff maybe you should try Blade of Darkness if you haven't yet. It's a souls like game that was here before the dark souls itself. I remember I sucked at it while playing this is my childhood but I few months ago I spent 70+ hours playing it, this shit is GOOD! It's one of my favourite games now.
You're not missing anything tbh
Notice how at least until PS3 era we would have news of lots of interesting games with fresh ideas dropping every year. This is no longer possible because vidya companies prefer to spend 5 years doing a shitty unoriginal game as long as it has good graphics.

In fact, the high investment they are doing to make them good looking forces them to not be risky in the gameplay so that they make sure the game will sell. That's why all games look the same nowadays (shooter, open-world, etc), and why we get 5 remakes for the same series instead of a new one. Risking it is just not profitable anymore.
A single game sale means the same regardless if the game is good or bad. There's 0 point in making good games asides from the hobby aspect of it which companies don't want to do. Any unique games will just turn into an indie game nobody cares about except for in 1% cases. I also noticed that most games on the xbox one are not playable anymore because the majority of then relied on online gameplay, but because the servers are now dead these games are too. Why make a single game when you can just pump out garbage multiplayer games again and again and make the same amount of money. Unless actual gamers pay 200 euro for a good game which is insane, normies will steal the market with their wallets. Normies will pay 70 euro for fifa which is completely trash then drop another 100 euro on the in game purchases. Economically actual gamers just can't compete.

A single game sale means the same regardless if the game is good or bad. There's 0 point in making good games asides from the hobby aspect of it which companies don't want to do. Any unique games will just turn into an indie game nobody cares about except for in 1% cases. I also noticed that most games on the xbox one are not playable anymore because the majority of then relied on online gameplay, but because the servers are now dead these games are too. Why make a single game when you can just pump out garbage multiplayer games again and again and make the same amount of money. Unless actual gamers pay 200 euro for a good game which is insane, normies will steal the market with their wallets. Normies will pay 70 euro for fifa which is completely trash then drop another 100 euro on the in game purchases. Economically actual gamers just can't compete.
I missed the day when mod support was ubiquitous, my Battlefield 2 personal mod is 30 GB large which I still have installed on my current PC, such a thing isn't possible on today's releases as normie NPC cattles would pay dozens bucks for textures and models

You're not missing anything tbh

Don’t forget the modern triple A game can cost 100s of millions of dollars. So devs have to make sure the gameplay is dumbed enough to appeal to the average casual in order to make a profit.

Don’t forget the modern triple A game can cost 100s of millions of dollars. So devs have to make sure the gameplay is dumbed enough to appeal to the average casual in order to make a profit.
The weird paradox is, the more they dumb down games the less user friendly they become despite their simplicity. The new Crusader kings looks like complete trash despite being streamlined. Developers just want $$$ these days not a good game. Its fair as they got to pay the bills but its terrible for gamers.

This is the state of modern gaming. Companies apologizing for releasing unfinished games over and over again.
These people do not deserve our money.

FxEkxlTXwCAA8mx (1).jpeg

If there is one good thing about vidya in the modern age, it's that emulation has never been better than it currently is. Right now i'm emulating MGS4 with the illusion build of RPCS3 and asides from a few crashes and graphical bugs, it runs surprisingly great.

>all paid goyslop
ngmi
well I'm 41, if I haven't made it now, I probably never will. that's fine with me, I stopped caring what others thought of me after 35. it doesn't matter. and I'm probably the oldest guy here, I think I know whats good and whats not. I lived through the 8 bit Nintendo era, the 16 bit era, etc etc.

well I'm 41, if I haven't made it now, I probably never will. that's fine with me, I stopped caring what others thought of me after 35. it doesn't matter. and I'm probably the oldest guy here, I think I know whats good and whats not. I lived through the 8 bit Nintendo era, the 16 bit era, etc etc.
are you a neetcel or a wagecel?

Back