chuds.life
Chuds.life is a forum dedicated to discussing politically incorrect content. You can sign-up to create an account or you may post as a guest. Please read our rules as guest posters have restricted privileges.

High-effort I don't think we are the first or the last sentient creatures in the universe

Weebhunter3000

"Let's punch trees or however the knuckles break"
Vigiles Urbani
I've been dwelling on humanities' existence lately and after doing some research I have a solid theory on whether or not we are unique when it comes to having consciousness in a universe that is seemingly devoid of all life. I'm going to be talking from the perspective of an Atheist so Christians may want to look away.

First off, I think it's highly probable that humans are not the first creatures to obtain consciousness. And the reason we haven't seen any of them on other planets is because we haven't looked enough or what I think is the more likely scenario, there were sentient creatures that existed but have been exterminated by a cosmic event. This is possibly what happened on Earth 440 million years ago, called the Ordovician extinction that wiped out two-thirds of all species.

According to "scientists" the Earth gets hit by a gamma ray every 10,000 years. So what are the chances we get hit by one that can cause a mass extinction? Low, but not zero. And if something like that happened before, no one can guarantee we won't get wiped out in the next gamma burst.

Even disregarding gamma rays, we still have other space threats that can destroy Earth. Including: asteroids, the death of the sun, de oxygenation, among others. Then, we have to take into accounts of human threats that can destroy us, including nuclear holocaust and pollution.

So with all the ways humanity can eventually die from, who's to say this hasn't happened to a previous species that were "human"? Granted, we have no way of knowing if there were, but if the universe is seemingly infinite then there's an infinite chance of another Earth-like planet that hosted intelligent creatures like us. And we wouldn't know it because they have all died long before humans could even walk.

What are your thoughts on this?

makes sense but in a nutshell you just said "universe is too big so there should be external liferino out there oh my science!!!" i have heard that same exact shit more times before than the whole existence of the universe itself
plierbigglasses.png

makes sense but in a nutshell you just said "universe is too big so there should be external liferino out there oh my science!!!" i have heard that same exact shit more times before than the whole existence of the universe itself
View attachment 8221
Disregarding that part if there were sentient beings that died off a million years ago we’d have no way to see or recover their remains.

Back
Top Bottom